Thousands of people have already signed the petition to #SupportYourSurgery which goes to show how important a well-resourced GP service is to our patients.
If you haven’t added your name yet please click on the link below to sign. Please share the link
Support Your Surgery Petition
Your GP Cares campaign
The environment in which GPs are striving to provide services is increasingly challenging
- An increased demand on general practice caused by demographic changes, more complex health needs and some care moving out of hospitals is all contributing to unsustainable pressure on GP services
- Based on the current numbers of doctors working as GPs and the staff who support them in general practice team, there are simply not enough hours in the day to meet everyone's needs.
- GP's are struggling to recruit to vacant posts in their practices and to find locum cover so that patient can still be seen if a colleague is sick or absent.
- The increasing demand and workload pressures are leading to low morale and stress causing many GPs to leave the profession or consider early retirement.
- Many GP practice buildings are old and need investment to create more room for patients to be seen or simply to make them fit for purpose.
- GPs and their practice teams must have greater support to deliver high quality services that meet the requirements of all their local patients.
The British Medical Association is calling for long-term, sustainable investment in general practice now to:
- Attract, retain and expand the number of GPs
- Expand the number of practice staff
- Improve premises GP services are provided from